What is the most important factor in choosing your real ale?

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday 5 April 2010

IPA

Got to thinking recently about modern IPA's. I've got more than a few in stock at the minute but the differences in flavour, strength and individual interpretation of this historic beer style is quite something.
The latest one to arrive comes in at a very modest 3.8%abv. Now, it has it's own merits, nice floral hops and a refreshing zestiness but personally I love a beer along the lines of the old imperial IPA's. Big on hops, alcohol and soapy bitterness. For me the merits of this style rest on it's potential for massive flavours. My favourite to date has to be Moor Beer JJJ IPA. An awesome 9.5% and packed full of hops and huge barely wine flavours. Magic!
Any other suggestions very welcome as this has to be one of my favourite beer styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment